Chicken Vegetable Stew With Dumplings
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up (2 In Number)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery||3 , chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Carrots||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Dried thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Herb dumplings||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In a saucepan place chicken pieces, 4 cups water, celery, carrots, onions, salt, thyme, and pepper; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or till chicken is nearly tender; skim off the fat.
3. Blend in 1-cup cold water, peas, un-drained mushrooms and the flour into chicken the mixture.
4. Cook, stirring gently, till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
5. Drop Herb Dumpling dough from tablespoon atop bubbling stew; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes more but do not lift the cover.
6. Arrange the Chicken Vegetable Stew with Dumplings into individual bowls.
7. Sprinkle chicken and dumplings with the snipped parsley and serve hot.