Brown Stew And Dumplings
|Blade of steak||1 Pound|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Ready the vegetables: Using a knife, cut carrot and turnip thinly, or dice them. Cut onion into thin rings.
2. Using a knife trim the meat free of fat. Chop into 1 inch pieces.
3. Heat saucepan or stewpan and melt the drippings.
4. Put in the cut meat and sautÃ© until brown, stirring with a metal spoon. Then transfer the meat on to a plate.
5. Put in onion into the same saucepan, and sautÃ© until they sweat and wilt.
6. Put in flour; blend in to form a roux. SautÃ© gently, stirring all the time until it turns golden.
7. Pour in stock and gradually let it come to a boil, stirring all the time.
8. Now, put in meat, carrot, turnip and seasoning. Lower the heat and simmer for about 2 hours, or until the meat becomes very soft.
9. Serve hot with dumplings in them.