|Chicken quarters||4 (legs and thigh)|
|Pork shoulder/Gammon joint /bacon joint||10 1⁄2 Ounce, cooked and salted (300 g)|
|Red lentils/Yellow lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Bay leaf/Bouquet garni||1|
1. Skin, wash and debone the chicken quarters. Then cut the chicken and the pork into chunks.
2. Peel, wash and cut the onions into slices.
3. Rinse the lentils several times in cold water and crush the garlic.
4. In a heavy skillet and saucepan, heat the oil and add the onions and the garlic. SautÃ© on high heat
5. Add the chicken and brown well. Add the bay leaf and pork and cook till well browned.
6. Add lentils in the last ten minutes and then add ½ cup of water and simmer for 30 minutes till the liquid is reduced.
7. When the lentils are softened, add pepper and salt and turn off the heat.
8. Serve hot with a fresh salad.