Sweet Sour Pork Stew
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless pork||2 Pound, cut into 3/4 -inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Fresh pea pods/Frozen pea pods partially thawed - 2 numbers, 6-ounce packages||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice/Hot cooked noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. In paper or plastic bag mix together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; add the pork cubes, a few at a time and shake well to coat evenly.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
3. Return all meat to saucepan along with chicken broth, catsup, vinegar, brown sugar, 1-teaspoon salt, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or till meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in fresh or frozen pea pods; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or till pea pods are crisp-tender.
6. Ladle stew into 4 bowls and stir well before serving.
7. Serve with rice or noodles.
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 145.1 mg48.4%
Sodium 1064.4 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 57 g113.2%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 180.4%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet