Sweet Sour Pork Stew
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless pork||2 Pound, cut into 3/4 -inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Fresh pea pods/Frozen pea pods partially thawed - 2 numbers, 6-ounce packages||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice/Hot cooked noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for serving)|
1. In paper or plastic bag mix together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; add the pork cubes, a few at a time and shake well to coat evenly.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
3. Return all meat to saucepan along with chicken broth, catsup, vinegar, brown sugar, 1-teaspoon salt, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or till meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in fresh or frozen pea pods; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or till pea pods are crisp-tender.
6. Ladle stew into 4 bowls and stir well before serving.
7. Serve with rice or noodles.