|Beef stew meat||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Crushed dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice/Apple cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and quartered|
|Carrots||4 , quartered|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine together flour, salt, pepper, and thyme; coat the meat evenly with in the flour mixture.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
3. Drain off the fat and return the entire meat to the saucepan.
4. Stir in apple cider or juice, vinegar, and 1/2-cup water; cook and stir till mixture boils.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours or till meat is nearly tender.
6. Stir in vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes or till vegetables are done.
7. Arrange the stew in a large serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.