|Beef short ribs||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving-size pieces|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lean salt pork||2 Ounce, sliced to make 1/2 cup|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up (1 Bird)|
|Carrots||3 , quartered|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered|
|Tomatoes||3 , quartered|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and quartered to make 1 pound|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, cut into wedges|
|Winter squash/Pumpkin||6 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Snipped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. In a saucepan combine ribs, water, salt pork, salt, pepper and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Add chicken; cover and simmer for 25 minutes more.
4. Add carrots, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, squash or pumpkin, green pepper, parsley, and garlic; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
5. Spoon off fat instantly or, cool slightly and refrigerate for several hours or and then lift fat from surface; heat the mixture and bring it to boil.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Arrange the meat and vegetables on platter and garnish with parsley.
8. Serve with bowls of broth.