Pork And Tripe Stew
|Pork||2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Beef liver||3⁄4 Pound, julienned|
|Tripe||1 Pound, julienned|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced ginger root||1 Teaspoon, or powdered|
|Onions||1 , cut in eighths lengthwise|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
1) In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and cook pork, liver and tripe in it for 30 minutes.
2) Add shrimps in it and cook for 5 minutes.
3) In a bowl, mix together the salt, chili peppers, cornstarch, vinegar, sugar and ginger with enough water to make a thin paste.
3) Stir in the cornstarch mixture to the pork mixture, stirring steadily to the boiling point.
4) Add the onions and garlic, cook for 10 minutes longer or until tripe is tender.
5) Serve hot with steamed rice.
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg101.4%
Sodium 669.1 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 144.8% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet