|Bacon drippings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Beef chuck||2 Pound, cubed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||2|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, pared|
|Cabbage head||1 Small|
1. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges.
2. Into a large saucepan Put 2 tablespoons drippings brown salt pork and onions and remove from pan.
3. Add remaining drippings and beef and brown.
4. Add salt pork, onions, water, bouillon cubes, paprika, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
5. With cover simmer for 1 ½ hours.
6. Cut potatoes, tomatoes and carrots into 1-inch pieces, add to stew and simmer 30 minutes longer.
7. Remove tomato skins from stew.
8. Lay the cabbage wedges on top of stew and simmer 20 minutes until cabbage is tender.
9. Remove cabbage and cut into smaller pieces.
10. Into stew stir poi until desired thickness is reached.
11. Serve stew topped with cabbage.