Game Hen Stew for Two
|Rock cornish hen||1|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Lima beans||10 Ounce, frozen (1 Package)|
|Dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a medium-size saucepan, cook the chicken pieces in the oil with the skin side down, over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add the onion to the pan, turn over the chicken pieces and cook for another 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the carrots, broth and rosemary, cook, covered over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the lima beans, cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until the lima beans are tender and the hen is thoroughly cooked.
5) Stir in the lemon juice and dill, turn off the heat and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1291 Calories from Fat 709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 23 g114.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 474.2 mg158.1%
Sodium 724.7 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.3%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 91 g181.2%
Vitamin A 431.6% Vitamin C 124.8%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet