|Salt pork||6 Ounce|
|Boiling water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Ground thyme||To Taste|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Slice the salt pork in 1/8-inch slices.
2) In a heavy Dutch oven, fry the pork till crisp.
3) Remove the pieces of salt pork from the fat.
4) Peel the onion, slice and saute in hot salt pork fat till limp.
5) Add boiling water.
6) Slice the peeled potatoes to a 1/4 inch thickness and add to water.
7) Place a lid and cook till potatoes are tender.
8) Cook the fish for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water till the flesh is flaky.
9) Remove from the water.
10) Slip off the skin, lift out the bones and break into chunks.
11) Add to the potato mix along with the pork.
12) Mix in cold water with dry milk and stir into the stew.
13) Add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme to taste.
14) Add in the butter and stir.
15) Heat thoroughly.
16) Serve hot.