Gloria's Lamb Stew
|Lean boneless lamb||4 Pound (1 Inch Cubes)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot peppers||3 , seeded (Red Or Green)|
|Whole garlic head||1 , peeled|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled, sliced|
|Green peas/2 frozen peas packets||1 Pound, shelled|
1) In a blender, add cilantro, garlic, hot peppers and puree to a fine paste. Keep aside.
2) In a casserole dish, heat oil, saute onions till transluscent and add in the pureed mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add in the lamb cubes and cook for 5 minutes allowing the puree to coat the meat well.
4) Season with salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
5) Next, add in the orange juice, lemon juice and about 1 1/2 cups of water enough to cover the meat and cook on low flame for about 1 1/2 hours or till meat becomes tender.
6) To remove all the extra fat from the stew, you can put the casserole in fridge at this stage.
7) Allow the casserole to come back to room temperature before adding in the boiled potatoes and peas, which have been boiled separately in salt water till tender and drained.
8) Allow the casserole to cook a little longer on low flame till all the contents are hot and ready to serve.
9) Serve Gloria's Lamb Stew hot along with steamed rice.