|Potatoes||6 , cubed|
|Carrots||3 , cubed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned sliced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), or stewed|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 , dissolved in 3 cups of water|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Frozen green beans||1 Pound|
|Frozen corn||1 Pound|
|Canned butter beans||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned v 8 juice||46 Ounce|
1) In one 5-quart cooker or 2 medium-sized cookers, combine together the potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, chicken stock, tomatoes, thyme, parsley and rice.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 2 hours.
3) Take out 1 cup of the mixture and puree it. Add back to the slow cooker so that the soup is thickened.
4) Add the beans, corn, butter beans and juice and stir well.
5) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for another 60 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
6) Serve hot.