Special Oyster Stew
|Fresh oysters||1 Pint, drained; reserve liquor|
|Canned evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Oyster liquor||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Approximately)|
1) Take a 2-quart casserole and heat butter in it for 45 seconds on High until it melts.
2) Stir in drained oysters and then cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes on High until edges curl.
3) Pour in milk, water, oyster liquor and seasonings.
4) Again microwave the mixture for 4 minutes on High until it almost comes to a boil. Ensure not to boil the milk.
5) Garnish with pepper and serve at once.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119 mg39.7%
Sodium 475 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 35.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet