|Stewing lamb||2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1. Slice the onions, crush the garlic and cut -meat into cubes.
2. In a pan heat fat and brown the meat cubes.
3. Add the onion and garlic and brown these also, being careful not to let them burn.
4. Add water to cover, salt and pepper to taste and simmer on a low flame until tender.
5. About 3/4 of an hour before the end of cooking time, add the potatoes, sliced carrots and peas and add a little more water if necessary.
6. Serve the stew hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104 mg34.7%
Sodium 127.6 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34 g67%
Vitamin A 132.2% Vitamin C 80.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet