Sweet 'N' Sour Stew
|Lean round steak||2 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Diet margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||6 Large, cut into 3/4 inch pieces to make 3 cups|
|Carrots||6 Large, cut in 3/4 inch pieces to make 3 cups|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Rub salt and pepper on the meat.
2) In a large nonstick skillet melt diet margarine.
3) Brown the meat in skillet.
4) In another bowl mix apple juice, tomato paste, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Pour the mixture over browned meat.
6) Stir in onion and cook covered.
7) Simmer meat in low heat for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
8) Add carrots and simmer for additional 45 minutes.
9) In another bowl mix flour and cold water.
10) Add the mixture to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till sauce is thick.
11) Serve hot.