Lamb Stew with Caraway
|Boneless lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Cover)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut into large cubes|
|Onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||6 , cut into thick slices|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a skillet heat oil and brown lamb cubes well on all sides.
2. Sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper and garlic, stirring well to coat lamb and cover meats with wine and water.
3. Sprinkle with caraway seeds, cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary.
4. Add potatoes, onions and carrots, cover tightly and cook slowly until lamb is tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.