Cioppino Seafood Stew
|For the stew|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, minced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Diced tomatoes||56 Ounce (Two 28 oz Cans)|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Sauvignon Blanc)|
|Tomato paste||3 Ounce (1/3 Cup)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (One 8 oz Bottle)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano sprigs||3 Medium|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|The assorted mix of sea food|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined (Raw 13 - 15 Shrimps)|
|Scallops||1 Pound (Defrost, if using frozen)|
|Cod fillet/Halibut fillet||2 Pound, cut into large chunks (Wild Cod - Medium Thickness)|
|Crab meat||2 Pound (Two 1 Pound Cans)|
|For the garnish|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced (For garnishing)|
1. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, just until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add diced tomatoes, dry white wine, tomato paste, clam juice, black pepper,chopped oregano and basil. Stir, bring to boil over a medium-high heat.
3. Then partially cover, reduce the heat to a medium-low and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, add the fish and seafood to the simmering broth. Carefully stir and with a large spoon,making sure all the fish and sea food is submerged in the broth.
5. Add salt to taste, cover with lid and cook for about 5 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
6. Ladle into bowls and serve garnished with freshly minced parsley.