|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped or grated|
|Seasoned flour||2 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, trimmed and sliced|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||1⁄2 Pint|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
1. Make the meat balls first. Mix minced beef, seasoning, onions and egg yolk together. Prepare six equal size portions from the mixture and make neat balls.
2. Roll the meat balls in seasoned flour.
3. Boil water and plunge the tomatoes for 1 minute. Drain and remove skins. Slice into halve.
4. Preheat the oven at 355°F.
5. Take a heavy pan and heat butter or margarine. Add the meat balls and cook until browned.
6. In a casserole dish, transfer the meat balls and prepared tomatoes with mushrooms.
7. Add about 1 spoon of seasoned flour in the hot fat and stir continuously. Keep stirring to make a frothy mixture.
8. Slowly add the stock and boil the mixture.
9. Remove the pan from heat and add tomato ketchup.
10. Take a casserole dish and strain the contents in it. Cover the lid and make in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
11. Sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
12. Serve hot dish with crusty French bread and butter.
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 194.5 mg64.8%
Sodium 1308.2 mg54.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 47%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet