|Lamb neck||3 Pound, cut crosswise through bone|
|Potatoes||8 Medium (Peeled)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Wipe meat with damp paper towels, trim off all fat and discard.
2. Slice 2 potatoes thinly and slice onions thinly.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. In Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan, make a layer of the sliced potato, top with half of sliced onion, then the lamb.
5. Sprinkle with half of salt, thyme and pepper.
6. Add remaining onion and whole potatoes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining salt, thyme and pepper.
8. Add 2 cups water cover Dutch oven with tight- fitting lid and place in oven.
9. Cook for 2-1/2 hours until meat is tender.
10. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories 811 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 359.3 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 43 g86.3%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet