|Lamb neck||3 Pound, cut crosswise through bone|
|Potatoes||8 Medium (Peeled)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Wipe meat with damp paper towels, trim off all fat and discard.
2. Slice 2 potatoes thinly and slice onions thinly.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. In Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan, make a layer of the sliced potato, top with half of sliced onion, then the lamb.
5. Sprinkle with half of salt, thyme and pepper.
6. Add remaining onion and whole potatoes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining salt, thyme and pepper.
8. Add 2 cups water cover Dutch oven with tight- fitting lid and place in oven.
9. Cook for 2-1/2 hours until meat is tender.
10. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.