Calico Lamb Stew
|Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Coarse soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leaf rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Grated lemon rind||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||2 Pound (1 Bag)|
1) In a bowl, combine lamb, breadcrumbs, milk, onion, egg, salt, rosemary, and shape into balls.
2) In a pan, melt butter and brown the balls.
3) Pour off pan drippings, measure 2 tablespoon and return to the pan.
4) Combine lemon juice, lemon rind, flour, salt, and water and cook until gravy thickens.
5) Stir in vegetables and meat balls, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6) Season to taste and serve warm.