Mexican Lamb Stew
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lamb||2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Chopped peaches||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Canned Or Fresh)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped toasted|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cook a mixture of milk, onion, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper being careful not to boil.
2) Fry lamb in hot butter until golden.
3) Stir in to hot milk and uncover and simmer over low heat for about 1 hour or more until lamb is soft and milk has cooked away.
4) Take a hot serving dish; arrange lamb on it and decorate with peaches, raisins, walnuts and capers.
5) Serve the stew over rice.