|Shucked oysters||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Half and half||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dry vermouth/Pernod/ dry sherry||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1) Drain and rinse the oysters under cold water. Then drain well and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter, blend in the flour, then gently stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Alternately, cook in the micriwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
4) Turn off the heat, then stir in the cereal cream until well blended.
5) Return to heat, allow to boil, then cook for 3-4 minutes stirring continuously until smooth and slightly thickened.
6) Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 2-3 minutes.
7) Stir in the ginger and season with salt to taste.
8) In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter, stir in the oysters and cook until they just curl at edges and plump.
9) Add the oysters into the hot cream mixture.
10) Stir in the vermouth or Pernod or dry sherry.
11) In warmed soup bowls, add the whipped cream, pour in the hot stew with the oysters evenly.
12) Garnish with the cracked black pepper and serve immediately.