Stewed Pigeons In Wine
|Bacon streaky rashers||6|
|Young pigeons||3 , cleaned|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Beef stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Wrap the each pigeon with 2 bacon rashers.
2) Tie the pigeons with string.
3) In a pan, melt the butter.
4) In the pan, add pigeons and cook for at least 10 minutes until brown from all thes sides.
5) Pur the brandy and wine over the pigeons and boil for 2 minutes.
6) In the pan, add onions with stock and seasoning of salt and pepper.
7) Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 1 hour.
8) Add to the pan, mushrooms and parsley and cook for further 5 minutes.
9) On a warm seving plate, transfer the bacon wrapped pigeons woth olives and thyme garnish.