Lamb And Bean Stew
|Great northern beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lamb shoulder chops||6|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Turnip||1 Large, quartered|
|Carrots||8 , cut in 1 inch lengths|
|Onions||4 Medium, quartered|
|Beef broth||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Pearl barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Large, diced|
1) Cover the beans with water and boil for 2 minutes.
2) Let it soak and then drain the beans.
3) Cut off excess fat from the chops, season with salt and pepper, and roll over flour to coat lightly.
4) Fry in oil until brown.
5) Take a large pot and transfer the chop in it.
6) Add the bay leaves, garlic, rosemary, thyme, the drained beans, vegetables, and beef broth.
7) Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 1 hour.
8) Stir in lentil and barley and simmer for 1/2 hour.
9) Add diced potatoes and cook further for 1/2 hour.
10) Skim off the fat and discard.
11) Season with salt and pepper.
12) Take a warm serving dish, spoon the stew into it, and serve with buttered hot biscuits.