Pepper And Pork Stew
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Lean boneless pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large heavy-based saucepan, heat the butter with the oil, gently saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until lightly colored. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
2) In paper bag, combine the flour, salt and paprika. Put the pork cubes in batches and shake well to evenly coat the pork, reserve the flour.
3) Saute the coated pork cubes in the saucepan for 4-5 minutes and brown evenly over a medium heat, then turn off the heat.
4) Stir the reserved flour and the tomato paste in a little chicken broth until smooth. Gradually stir and mix the remaining broth.
5) Stir the broth mixture into the pan alongwith the honey, lemon peel and lemon juice, garlic, peppers, and onion.
6) Heat the pan and bring to a boil, lower the heat, then stir continuously and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
7) Gently simmer covered for 2 hours or until the pork is tender, then adjust the seasoning.
8) Spoon into nice bowls and serve immediately.