|Boned lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Cut the meat neatly into pieces. Sprinkle the pieces with salt and pepper.
3) In a deep casserole, put half of the bacon and cover with half of the meat and half of the onions. Add in the remaining bacon and cover with the potatoes.
4) Add in the remaining meat, tomatoes and corn.
5) Mix together the parsley and Worcestershire sauce with the wine and pour the mixture all over the contents of the casserole.
6) Cover the casserole very tightly and cook in preheated oven for about 3 ½ hours.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 1967 Calories from Fat 1108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.2%
Saturated Fat 52.9 g264.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 407.8 mg135.9%
Sodium 561.1 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.4%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 107 g214.9%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 146.4%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 70.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet