Tomato Fish Stew
|Bacon slices||6 , diced|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bias cut celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and cut into large chunks|
|Halibut fillets||1 Pound|
|Fillet sole||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red snapper||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shrimp||1⁄4 Pound, peeled (Raw Ones)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Fry bacon in large saucepan until limp.
2. Add vegetables, except potatoes, and cook until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, potatoes, and seasonings.
4. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
5. Cut fish into bite-size pieces and add to tomato mixture.
6. Cover and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes, until fish is done. Remove bay leaf.
7. Add wine, sprinkle with chopped parsley garnish.