Tomato Fish Stew
|Bacon slices||6 , diced|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bias cut celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and cut into large chunks|
|Halibut fillets||1 Pound|
|Fillet sole||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red snapper||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shrimp||1⁄4 Pound, peeled (Raw Ones)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Fry bacon in large saucepan until limp.
2. Add vegetables, except potatoes, and cook until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, potatoes, and seasonings.
4. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
5. Cut fish into bite-size pieces and add to tomato mixture.
6. Cover and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes, until fish is done. Remove bay leaf.
7. Add wine, sprinkle with chopped parsley garnish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2098 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 569.4 mg189.8%
Sodium 5082.4 mg211.8%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.3%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.2%
Sugars 35.3 g
Protein 250 g500.3%
Vitamin A 167.2% Vitamin C 478%
Calcium 75.1% Iron 115.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet