Company Oyster Stew
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), quartered|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fresh parsley sprig||1 , chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Take the oysters and drain them retaining the liquid.
2) Measure a cup of oyster liquid; add some milk if the quantity of oyster liquid is insufficient.
3) Keep it aside.
4) Take a Dutch oven and melt butter in it.
5) Put in the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, parsley and thyme.
6) Cover the Dutch oven and cook over medium heat, stirring once in a while, for 10 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
7) Add 2 cups milk, cream as well as the reserved oyster liquid gradually to the vegetable mixture, stirring all the while.
8) Heat the mixture properly without allowing it to boil.
9) Add the oysters and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the oysters get curled.
10) Add all the other ingredients together and stir them in.
11) Serve hot with any garnishing of your choice.