1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a very large pot, bring 5 cups of water and 4 cups of beef broth to a boil.
3) In the meantime, place the beef in a large skillet on medium high. Cover the meat with Worcestershire sauce and brown the beef ribs. Remove from heat and set aside.
4) To the same skillet, add onions, garlic and celery and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Add wine and cook until onions become slightly transparent, about 5 more minutes.
6) Put the beef, onions mixture, bay leaves, marjoram, thyme, and tomato puree into the simmering broth and water mixture. Cover and allow the stew to simmer for 2 hours.
7) In the meantime roast 4 mini pumpkins. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cooked through.
8) Allow the pumpkins to cool. Cut off the tops about 1 inch down. Remove the seeds. Scrape out the flesh of the pumpkins with a spoon, reserving the flesh for the stew. Be carefully not to pierce through the flesh.
9) Add green lentils, carrots and pumpkin to the stew and simmer for 1 more hour.
10) To serve, place stew and 1 beef rib inside the mini pumpkin. Serve with whole wheat crusty bread or spicy pumpkin ale bread.
Looking for a nice and unique stew recipe? Then you must watch this video and learn to cook the perfect beef and lentil stew...and what's special about this yummy stew is that it is served in a hallowed out pumpkin! Not only is this dish yummy, it is presented in such a way that everyone would want to devour it! Watch the video and learn more.