|Veal shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Vermouth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||3 , sliced|
1. Ask the butcher to bone the shoulder and cut the meat into 2-inch cubes.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge veal cubes in flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal cubes and brown well on all sides. Sprinkle veal cubes with paprika as they cook.
4. Add chopped onion, rosemary, wine and water.
5. Cover skillet with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer about 40 minutes. Add onions and carrots. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked.
6. Serve with hot buttered noodles if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3429 Calories from Fat 1180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.6%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1292.1 mg430.7%
Sodium 3242.7 mg135.1%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.6 g150.4%
Sugars 76.2 g
Protein 317 g633.5%
Vitamin A 744.2% Vitamin C 281.2%
Calcium 52.2% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet