|Veal shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Vermouth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Carrots||3 , sliced|
1. Ask the butcher to bone the shoulder and cut the meat into 2-inch cubes.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge veal cubes in flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal cubes and brown well on all sides. Sprinkle veal cubes with paprika as they cook.
4. Add chopped onion, rosemary, wine and water.
5. Cover skillet with vac-control valve closed. Lower heat and simmer about 40 minutes. Add onions and carrots. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked.
6. Serve with hot buttered noodles if desired.