Rancher Supper Stew
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Brown meat over medium-high heat in Dutch oven.
2. Add soup mix, tomatoes, barley, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat 40 minutes.
4. Scrub carrots, and peel if necessary. Cut in thin slices.
5. Wash green pepper, split in half, remove seeds and cut in large chunks.
6. Peel potatoes and cut in pieces about 1 1/2 inches square.
7. Add carrots, pepper, potatoes and celery to meat mixture.
8. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.