|Refined vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced garlic||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Sliced ginger||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Green chilies||6 , slit|
|Peppercorns||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Thin coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thick coconut milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Wash and clean the meat. Trim the fat. Cut into pieces.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add ingredients 4 to 12 and gently fry until soft and golden.
4. Add the meat and fry gently.
5. Add vinegar, salt and the thin coconut milk.
6. When the meat is half cooked, add the potato wedges.
7. Cover the pan with a well-fitting lid and cook until the meat is tender.
8. When the gravy has reduced in quantity, add 3/4 cup thick coconut milk and bring to boil. Remove from fire and serve hot.
Calories 832 Calories from Fat 496
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 35.2 g175.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.7 mg37.2%
Sodium 197.1 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 81.7%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet