Fresh Tuna and Tomato Stew
|Baby onions||12 , peeled|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Tuna||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped herbs||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Sun dried tomato paste||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Herbs||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
1. Leave the onions whole and cook in a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes until softened. Drain.
2. Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds, then refresh in cold water. Peel away the skins and chop roughly.
3. Cut the tuna into 2.5 cm / 1 in chunks. Heat the oil in a large frying or saute pan and quickly fry the tuna until browned. Drain.
4. Add the onions, garlic, tomatoes, chopped herbs, bay-leaves, sugar, tomato paste and wine and bring to the boil, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Return the fish to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season, and serve hot, garnished with baby courgettes and fresh herbs
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.1 mg14.4%
Sodium 216.8 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 28 g57%
Vitamin A 104.2% Vitamin C 54.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet