Quick Lamb Stew
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed cooked lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Water/Broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cooked potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cooked carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cooked green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Put onion into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 2 1/2 minutes at High. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a 1 1/2 -quart glass casserole in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at High). Add meat and stir to coat. Cook uncovered 2 minutes at High.
3. Add flour, salt and pepper to meat; stir well. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 1 minute at High.
4. Pour liquid into casserole; stir. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 1/2 minutes at High, or until thickened; stir once.
5. Add cooked onion and other cooked vegetables to meat mixture ; stir. Cover with waxed paper. Heat in microwave oven to serving temperature 9 1/2 to 11 minutes at Medium-High); stir once.