Antioxidant Veggie Stew
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic bulb||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||8 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||5 , chopped|
|Red cabbage||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Green cabbage||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Pepper red||1 , diced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||15 , sliced (remove stems)|
|New red potatoes/New white potatoes||10 Small|
|Organic stewed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Saute onion and garlic in spices of choice with olive oil over medium heat in the bottom of an 8-quart soup pot until soft (5 min).
2. Add veggies one group at a time and cook until slightly soft (5 min each).
3. Add canned tomatoes and cooked or canned beans or Parmesan rinds. Heat through.
4. Add water (or astragalus broth) to almost fill the pot. Bring to a boil.
5. Turn down to simmer until all vegetables are cooked, about an hour and a half.
6. Add black pepper and more spices to taste.