Sonia reveals the secrets of cooking the sliced steak, a classic main course often served with rocket and tomatoes.
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Thaw the meat out of the fridge at least an hour in advance; it must be at room temperature.
2. Heat a grill pan until very hot, sprinkle some coarse salt and put the meat on the fire. The meat is about 2-2 ½ inches thick and it should cook at least 5 minutes per side, the steak should be quite pink inside.
3. When the meat is ready, let it rest for at least 10 minutes, so that the juices distribute evenly.
4. Slice the meat, without piercing the surface.
5. Arrange the sliced steak on a bed of rocket, after that add the cherry tomatoes, which have been cut into quarters.
6. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
7. Serve the steak along with a glass of red wine.