Chicken Fried Steak with White Peppered Gravy
|Chicken cube steak||4 Pound|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (seasoned with salt and pepper)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for frying)|
|For the white pepper gravy|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (if required for the gravy)|
1. Preheat a well oiled pan up to 350 degrees F.
2. On a tray, place the cube steaks and season it well with garlic powder, salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a small bowl with 2 beaten eggs, add 1 tablespoon of water and beat once more.
4. Taking one steak at a time, dip it into the flour and coat it. Then dip it into the egg mixture coat ot well, after which transfer it again into the flour bowl and coat well.
5. Dust off any excess flour and add it to the pan and fry the pieces for 7 -8 minutes on each or until golden brown.
6. For the white pepper gravy: In a skillet on medium high, melt the butter and stir in the flour mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add in the pepper and continue stirring. Pour in the light cream, salt and stirring continuously let it cook well for 5-6 minutes on medium high until it becomes thick.
8. Plate the chicken steaks, top it off with the white pepper gravy and serve hot.
Calories 1335 Calories from Fat 878
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.8%
Saturated Fat 29.1 g145.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.7 mg129.6%
Sodium 672.9 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 66 g131.4%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet