A light and summery tomato and herb based sauce/marinade for grilled or pan roasted meats.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
2 Medium, dice
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chop
2 Tablespoon, mince
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
New york strip steak
16 Ounce, trimmed (2, 8-10 ounce)
1 , pitted, peeled
1. For Pebre sauce, in a bowl, add onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Mix it well.
2. Make horizontal slits into each steak. Pour ½ of the sauce on it, reserving the other half for later use in refrigerator.
3. With a saran wrap, cover the steak, and place it in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
5. Place an oven proof skillet on medium high heat, pour canola oil, and place steak in it. Sear for about 2 minutes per side or until nice crispy or brown.
6. Pop steak into oven, and roast for 5-7 minutes, for medium rare, depending on the thickness of steak.
7. Take it out of the oven, tent with foil, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
8. In the meanwhile, chop avocado, and drop it into the remaining sauce.
9. Cut steak into slices, serve it hot with avocado Pebre sauce, and oven roasted potatoes.