New York Strip with Sherried Mushroom Sauce and Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
|New york strip steak||16 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon (for steak)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon (for steak)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (for steak)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (for steak)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for sauce + 2 tablespoon for potato)|
|Button mushroom||6 , slice (for sauce)|
|Steak seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Russet potatoes||6 (for mashed potato)|
|Whole milk/Heavy ceam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for mashed potato)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for mashed potato)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (extra old cheddar or Gruyere for mashed potatoes)|
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until they are soft and tender. Drain and mash it gently. Set it aside.
2. For steak seasoning, in a small bowl, combine sea salt, garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper. Give it a mix.
3. Sprinkle generous amount of steak seasoning mix on steak meat. Rub and apply evenly on both sides. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil, place baking rack on it, about ¾ of way high. Place steak piece on it, pop it in broiler and cook until done.
5. For sauce, place a sauce pan on medium high heat, melt butter, and add mushroom. Sauté until mushroom begins to release water.
6. Season with salt. Add sherry and continue to boil, until it reduces by half.
7. Pour cream, and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened.
8. For mashed potatoes, in pan melt butter, pour milk, and chicken stock in it.
9. Add cheese and whisk to combine.
10. Drop mashed potatoes in pan. Mix until nice and creamy.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
12. Serve steak with mashed potatoes, steamed spinach, and mushroom sauce.
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.1 mg45.7%
Sodium 2074.9 mg86.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 23.8% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet