The Longhorn Steakhouse Outlaw Ribeye Copycat recipe can be perfectly seasoned then grilled to your specifications ... at your own house. This copycat steak dinner for three is at about the same price you'd pay for a single dinner at the restaurant. Mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli complete this meat and potatoes meal.
4 Medium, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
3 Teaspoon (to taste - 1 tsp. each for broccoli, mashed potatoes and steaks)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste - 1/2 tsp. each for broccoli, mashed potatoes and steaks)
1. To make the mashed potatoes – put the potatoes into a pot of salted water over a medium high heat and bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of butter, salt and pepper then mash the potatoes adding enough milk to reach the desired consistency.
5. Cover the pot to keep them warm until everything else is done.
6. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
7. To prepare the broccoli – place water in a skillet, sprinkle salt and pepper, add in the broccoli.
8. Boil and cover the skillet, steam for 5 minutes.
9. Take out the broccoli and add in 2 tablespoons of butter.
10. For the steak, place a cast iron skillet over a medium high heat.
11. Pour in a tablespoon of oil to the pan, add the steak. Sear it for 5 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the second side. Take out from the skillet.
12. In a plate serve broccoli, mashed potatoes and steaks.