|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), squeezed|
|Flank steak||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onions||2 , sliced into rings|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Combine soy sauce and lemon juice in a large bowl. Adjust quantities if desired. Mixture should be a mixture of salty and sour, with neither taste overpowering the other.
2. Slice the flank steak thinly into strips. Using a heavy meat tenderizer, pound the strips to flatten and tenderize meat. Add to soy sauce/lemon juice mixture to marinate for 15 min.
3. Over medium heat, add oil to a large pan. Sweat onions but do not brown. Remove and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add marinated meat and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and turn heat to simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes, turning the meat occassionally.
5. When meat is cooked, add onions and mix with meat. Cook just to heat through.
6. Serve over warm, jasmine rice.
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 2574.8 mg107.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 1% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet