Flank Steak and Ratatouille
|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Tony's euro-crust seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoon for steak + 1/2 teaspoon for ratatouille)|
|Red onion||2 1⁄2 Ounce, dice (for ratatouille)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Ounce, mince (for ratatouille)|
|Shallot||1⁄2 Ounce, mince (for ratatouille)|
|Tomato paste||1 Ounce (for ratatouille)|
|Peeled plum tomatoes||8 Ounce, 1/4-inch slices (for ratatouille)|
|Zucchini||4 Ounce, dice (for ratatouille)|
|Bell pepper||4 Ounce, dice (for ratatouille)|
|Egg plant||4 Ounce, dice (for ratatouille)|
|Yellow squash||3 Ounce, dice (for ratatouille)|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for ratatouille)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon (for ratatouille)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon, chop (for ratatouille)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for ratatouille)|
|Black peppercorns||1⁄4 Teaspoon, fresh cracked (for ratatouille)|
|Loganberry ancho preserve||1 Tablespoon (for glaze)|
|Barley||500 Gram, cooked (for barley)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (for barley)|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon, toasted (for barley)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (for barley)|
|Green herbs||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for barley (mint, tarragon or anything of your choice))|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeeze (for barley)|
1. For steak, on a cutting board place steak, using a knife make score marks on both sides.
2. Spread olive oil on streak and season with garlic, and Euro-Crust seasoning on both sides.
3. Place steak on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Take it out of the oven and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
5. For ratatouille, place a pan over heat, add garlic, shallots and onion in it. Sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
6. Stir in tomato paste, mix, and cook until brown.
7. Throw all vegetables to pan. Pour in stock, and bring it to simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and done.
8. Season with basil, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper.
9. For barley, in pot cook barley, add butter, pine nuts, lemon zest, herbs, and lemon juice in it. Stir and mix it well.
10. Put glaze on steak and cut them into slices, across the grain.
11. Serve steak with barley and ratatouille.
You may also use Tony’s Z-blend or Tuscan grill for seasoning steak.
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg18.7%
Sodium 488.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 41 g82.4%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 60.6%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet