Worcestershire Marinated Steak with Red Wine Reduction
|Lea & perrins worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for marinade 1/2 cup+ 1/4 cup for sauce)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely (for marinade)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince (for marinade)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for marinade)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (a pinch for marinade)|
|Steak meat||2 Pound|
|Beringer cabernet sauvignon red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Rosemary||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for sauce)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. For marinade, in a large mixing bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, yellow onion, garlic, chili powder, olive oil, and salt. Whisk and bring them together.
3. In a zip-pouch place steak, pour marinade in it, mix well, seal, and put it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. For red wine reduction sauce, place a pan over medium high heat. Add red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and rosemary to it. Mix and allow it to simmer, and reduce by 75 percent.
5. When the reduction covers the bottom of the pan, sprinkle salt and put some butter in it. Whisk.
6. Remove steak from marinade and place them on a plate. Reserve marinade in a small bowl for later use.
7. Place steak on a very hot grill, cover it with lid and cook for about 2 minutes. Give it a quarter turn for diamond marks, and cook for a couple of more minutes.
8. Turn and baste steak with marinade. Cover it with lid, turn the heat to medium low and cook until done, turning every other minute or so.
9. Spoon sauce on top of steak and serve it hot with rosemary garnish.
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.1 mg50.7%
Sodium 1426.2 mg59.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet