Grilled T-bone Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
|Fresh corn||3 Medium (for salsa)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, diced (for salsa)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, finely chopped (for salsa)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seasoned (for salsa)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon (for salsa)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (for salsa)|
|Cilantro||4 Tablespoon, finely chopped (for salsa)|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped roughly (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Tablespoon (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for chimichurri sauce to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for chimichurri sauce to taste)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for chimichurri sauce)|
|Steak strip||1 Pound (for steak)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon (for steak)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon (for steak)|
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. For salsa, using a chef knife, remove kernels from corn. Scrape off the corncob.
3. Take a large mixing bowl and put corn and corncob in it.
4. Add bell pepper, onion, vinegar, honey, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and place it in refrigerator.
5. For sauce, in a food processor put parsley, cilantro, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano.
6. Add olive oil , pepper, salt , and white wine vinegar. Bring it together by pausing, so that your sauce is not liquid. Pop it in refrigerator and allow it to rest for a couple of hours.
7. For steak, place steak on tray and season it with ground cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and olive oil. Brush and repeat on the second side.
8. Place steak on grill, cover it with lid and allow it to cook for 2 minutes. Open the lid, turn it to 90 degree and cook for 1 minute. Turn and repeat same for the other side.
9. Now turn the heat to low, cover it with lid and cook until tender, or as per your liking.
10. Serve steak hot with corn salsa and sauce.
Rinse the cilantro to get out of sand particles. Pop out the leaves, because stems of cilantro are on the bitter side.
Flat leaf parsley will make your sauce taste better.
If you are preparing the sauce a day before, then do not add white wine vinegar to it ,as it will make your sauce look brown.
Mix vinegar just on the day you are serving.
Calories 1797 Calories from Fat 1099
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.5%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2011.9 mg83.8%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 75 g149.7%
Vitamin A 248.5% Vitamin C 326.7%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 167.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet