In this episode of "A Cooking Video", my guest cook, Kaori will make us some Hamburg Steak. It's a very easy recipe to make if you like getting your hands dirty. So roll up your sleeves and get ready to make Hamburg Steak! Special thanks to Kaori for making this awesome dish!
1⁄2 Medium, finely diced
2 Clove (10 gm), crushed
3 Tablespoon (as required)
For the sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large mixing bowl mix the ground beef and ground pork together and set aside.
2. In a pan heated with a little oil gently cook the onions and garlic on medium heat. Once done pick out the garlic and toss it away.
3. Add the onions to the pork and beef mixture. To this add panko, and 1 egg. Combine well using your hands seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Shape the patties with your palm. Make sure to toss from one palm of your hand to the other to get rid of the air pockets on the inside.
5. Take a skillet heated with some oil and fry the patties till both sides are done.
6. For the sauce, mix a little ketchup and tonkatsu sauce and put that mixture into the pan with the juices left over in the pan and warm the whole thing through.
7. Serve the hamburg steak warm with the sauce poured over it.
This Hamburg Steak is a Japanese take on the classic Salisbury. It is a great recipe to have with you, as it is a fool proof recipe and comes out really nice when you are cooking at home for your family or friends. Specially in this video you will see a Hamburg steak at its best with some finger licking Asian side dishes.