|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Onions||1⁄2 Medium, finely diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Panko breadcrumbs||3 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Tonkatsu sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl mix the ground beef and ground pork together and set aside.
2. In a pan heated with a little oil gently cook the onions and garlic on medium heat. Once done pick out the garlic and toss it away.
3. Add the onions to the pork and beef mixture. To this add panko, and 1 egg. Combine well using your hands seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Shape the patties with your palm. Make sure to toss from one palm of your hand to the other to get rid of the air pockets on the inside.
5. Take a skillet heated with some oil and fry the patties till both sides are done.
6. For the sauce, mix a little ketchup and tonkatsu sauce and put that mixture into the pan with the juices left over in the pan and warm the whole thing through.
7. Serve the hamburg steak warm with the sauce poured over it.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.3 mg27.8%
Sodium 291.5 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet