Slow Cooked Pepper Steak
|Beef round steak||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes/1 can, 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes||4 , undrained, cut into eighths|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked noodles/Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Cut beef into 3-in. x 1-in. strips.
2. In a skillet heat oil and brown beef in it.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker.
4. Stir in the next seven ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture over beef.
6. Cover and simmer for 5-6 hours until meat is cooked.
7. Add tomatoes and green peppers. Simmer for 1 hour.
8. In a small bowl mix cold water and cornstarch to make a paste.
9. Combine it into liquid in slow cooker.
10. Stir and cook on high until thick.
11. Serve over noodles or rice.