Eggplant Steak A La Meyer
|Eggplant||1 Medium, peeled and cut lengthwise in 1 inch slices|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Grated american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Soak eggplant in cold salted water for about 1 hour. Drain and dry.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take a buttered baking pan and place the eggplant slices, side by side, in it.
4) Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Brush with the beaten egg yolks.
5) Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
6) Top each serving with a fried egg, if desired.