Stuffed Steak Casserole
|Chuck steak||24 Ounce (1 Inch Thick)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Soft white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce|
|Beef stock cube||1 , dissolved in 1/4 pint hot water|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Pint|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Pigs trotter||1 , split|
1) For making the stuffing, take the onion, mushrooms and bacon and softened them in the butter.
2) Put parsley along with crumbs, nutmeg and seasoning.
3) Take the meat slices and put a layer of crumbs mixture.
4) Tie the layers with tape and put in an oblong casserole.
5) Add wine to the stock and pour this into the casserole.
6) Place the trotter on top of the meat.
7) Cook for 4 hours at 275°F, 140°C, Gas Mark 1.
8) Remove the trotter and skim fat from the sauce.
9) Freeze them.
10) Serve the dish in a serving bowl.