Steak Vegetable Duo
|Boneless round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (Cut 3/4-Inch Thick)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||4 1⁄8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Zucchini||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
1) From the steak, trim the fat. Cut into 4 pieces.
2) In a large frying pan, slowly heat the trimmed fat so as to obtain 1 tablespoon of drippings. Throw away the unneeded fat.
3) Brown the steak thoroughly on both the sides.
4) Combine together the dry mustard, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture all over the meat.
5) Add the water, onion and garlic, cover the pan tightly and slowly cook the meat for about 75 minutes, till the meat is soft.
6) Take the meat out of the pan.
7) Blend together the cornstarch and the reserved tomato juice, combine together with the cooking liquid and cook, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick.
8) Add the spinach, tomatoes and zucchini. Stir well.
9) On top of the vegetables, place the meat and cook slowly, covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Take out the meat and place it on a warm platter.
11) On the platter, place the vegetables and sauce next.
12) Serve the steak right away, while it is still piping hot. Makes a delectable main course dish and goes well with toasted bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1258 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.6%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 415 mg138.3%
Sodium 3797.2 mg158.2%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.6%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 165 g330.8%
Vitamin A 694.3% Vitamin C 168.6%
Calcium 56.9% Iron 137.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet