Rolled Stuffed Flank Steak
|Flank steak||2 Pound|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Day old bread||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into cubes|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil/Melted shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening, onion, celery, poultry seasoning and bread. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Make gashes or cuts on both sides of steak and season with salt, pepper and mustard.
3. Sprinkle prepared bread mixture uniformly on top and roll from narrow end towards broader end, securing with string and skewers, if necessary.
4. Dust with flour and keep aside.
5. In a Dutch oven, heat fat.
6. Place floured steak and brown evenly on all sides on a medium flame.
7. Add water and cover with lid/ foil.
8. Cook on a low flame for 90 minutes or till tender. Add water as required while cooking. Alternatively, bake in preheated oven at 175 C (350 F) for 2 hours or till done.
9. Transfer cooked meat on to a serving platter and return pan to flame.
10. Reduce liquid to gravy consistency and keep aside.
11. Serve warm drizzled with prepared sauce over cooked meat.